who we are
Whatcom Prevention Coalition (WPC) includes youth-led and youth-serving organizations that promote healthy youth development and work toward reducing and ultimately eliminating youth substance abuse of marijuana and other drugs, alcohol, tobacco and e-cigs. We support positive mental health for youth and work to end youth suicide. See a list of members.
Our mission is to build safe and healthy communities by providing leadership, promoting prevention and building partnerships that mobilize youth, families and neighborhoods to reduce substance abuse and other harmful behaviors among youth and the broader community.
Through community discussions, education, trainings and advocacy we are building a stronger community to promote healthy youth development and reduce substance abuse in Whatcom County. We believe everyone has something to contribute, especially our youth, and that there is benefit in people connecting to their neighborhoods. Click here for the history of WPC.
what we do and how you can stay connected
- meet 1st Thursday each month
- support youth-led prevention clubs – volunteers welcome!
- educate about marijuana, alcohol, drug abuse, e-cig/vaping, tobacco prevention
- train about youth suicide prevention – volunteers welcome as MAD HOPE trainers
- promote social norming campaigns
- utilize Healthy Youth Survey
- advocate for youth mental health awareness
- provide information & networking for parents, families & youth-serving organizations
- offer Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) & Resiliency Trainings