WFCN offers a variety of training and supports other individuals and organizations who provide learning opportunities related to our mission. If you, your family, organization, company or community seek information about Adverse Childhood Experience, Building Resilience, Conflict-Resolution, Restorative Practice and Social Justice & Equity, check out upcoming training offerings from WFCN and our growing community speaker’s list.
POWER OF CONNECTION
- Learn about research on Adverse and Positive Childhood Experiences, Neurobiology, Resilience and Hope Sciences
- Learn how power of resilience and hope mitigate the effects of toxic stress and early trauma.
- Focus on the importance of early childhood development and how our protective factors can foster resilient and amazing human beings.
POWER OF HOPE
- Deeper dive into the Science of Hope, which promises that high hope is the most reliable predictor of thriving.
- Overviews the basic theory and tools that can help you understand how to raise hope within individuals, families, schools, non-profit organizations and communities.
- Hope science says high hope is the most reliable predictor of thriving for individuals, families, organizations and community. Learn how to raise hope for yourself and with others!
POWER OF EASE
- Learn what neuroscience tells us about claiming our calm with movement and breath.
- Learn to increase ease as we experience daily stress that impacts our personal well-being and relationships.
TEEN-LED TRUSTED ADULT WORKSHOP
- Do you interact with young people on a daily basis?
- Do you want to be a better trusted adult?
- If you interact with kids or teens in your day-to-day and would like to better develop skills to help them when they are struggling, then this workshop created and facilitated by local youth is for you!
M.A.D.-H.O.P.E. TRAIN THE TRAINER
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn:
- Current statistics on youth suicide national, state and Whatcom county trends and demographics
- Truths about youth suicide
- Warning signs of youth suicide
Protective factors to protect youth from suicide
- Effective ways to support and intervene when a young person is thinking about attempting suicide, including words that matter, finding trusted adults, referrals and resources
trainers & conversation facilitators
Trainers and conversation facilitators are listed below by training topic area with contact information and availability. These trainers embrace resilience building and trauma-informed practice in our community and can speak to a variety of sectors of our community – schools (teachers, students, parents and staff); law enforcement and judicial system; government and policy makers; faith based community; health care professionals, etc.